Remote, (AMER) - Core Platform - Data Scientist
PolyScale is changing how databases are distributed and scaled. Our mission is to make data-driven apps faster by simplifying global caching for developers. If you are passionate about developer experiences, data performance and are a curious problem solver, join us.
We're a small (<10), Series Seed funded and fully-remote team that's engineering heavy. We fully embody principles of servant leadership.
We are currently hiring key members of our founding engineering team offering equity as part of the package. We are looking for a curious and innovative Data Scientist to help optimize and automate developers experiences with managing global data distribution and caching. This is a high-impact position where you will guide product strategy through data insights and experimentation. This role is not an entry level position and would ideally suit somebody with a strong academic background and ~2 years of production experience in Data Science/ML/AI or related field.
Location and Work Authorization - This role is fully remote however must be USA based. Unfortunately, at this stage of our company's growth, we are unable to sponsor applicants who are not authorized to work in the USA.
What you will be doing:
- Own designing data driven tests, analyzing results, drawing out customer insights, and driving standard methodologies to productize core data driven services for our customers.
- Swimming in SQL :) You will be working with large scale data sets observing database traffic, identifying behaviors and traits for cache optimizations.
- Designing and building ML and AI based services to observe, recommend and fully automate database caching at scale.
- Designing methodologies and algorithms to intelligently invalidate and hydrate cache data.
- Helping drive internal data analysis projects optimizing our platform for growth and performance.
What you will bring along:
- 2+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, MATLAB).
- 2+ years of hands-on modeling and mathematical optimization techniques tailored to meet real life problems through a record of achievements in industrial and/or academic environments
- Familiarity with machine learning tools such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, SciKit-Learn or statistical modeling tools such R.
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning concepts, and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem-solving ability.
- Strong understanding of the best practices in data visualization
What would be great:
- Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- Proven track record of successfully applying ML-based and optimization solutions to complex problems in business, science, or engineering.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- Remote working (AMER timezone)
- Early-stage company - true ownership over your work
- A great work-life balance
PolyScale Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Apply for this Job
To apply for this role, please email with your resume and LinkedIn profile.